The Application Administrator is focused on managing the day-to-day operations of business-critical applications in use throughout Johnny's Selected Seeds. This position reports to the Director of Enterprise Applications and works closely with the infrastructure and software development teams to ensure the applications achieve required service levels.
- Manage business-critical applications to ensure stable operations.
- Monitor integrations between systems to ensure uptime and performance goals are met.
- Provide rapid incident response; may require after-hour support as needed.
- Perform application patching and upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with all information security program policies.
- Manage nonproduction instances in support of development and software quality assurance.
- Maintain operational documentation, document/update processes and procedures for supporting applications
- Provide technical support in accurately researching or troubleshooting software resolving problems with minimum interruption of service
- Coordinate the escalation and tracking of issues with external support vendors
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years of relevant experience, with 4+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of experience managing business-critical applications; e.g., ERP, Financial Accounting, Order Management, Warehouse Management.
- Ability to collaborate with Desktop Support to address issues or develop installation procedures.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and legacy application platforms.
- Experience managing MS SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS (preferred).
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools (preferred).
- Experience managing cloud-hosted applications and services (preferred).
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- ITIL and/or DevOps experience (preferred).
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to move, manipulate, and operate computer equipment.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance