The Contact Center Specialist is focused on providing professional, quality, and "best in class" service by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and mission of Johnny's Selected Seeds. The position responsibilities consist of being the first line of contact for existing and prospective new customers. The ideal candidate would be a customer-focused, self-motivated individual who has experience in handling inbound calls, live chats, and email communications.
This is a full-time position based in Fairfield, Maine.
- Serve as frontline contact for inbound call volume and communicate directly with customers by telephone, chat, and/or electronic methods.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent documentation and record-keeping with a high attention to detail.
- Recommend and provide advice on products and services with clarity and confidence.
- Take initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Understand and adhere to established department protocols and processes.
- Assist in processing mail and fax orders.
- Build relationships and work closely with co-workers and management at all levels of the organization, to leverage the knowledge and experience of JSS staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and communicate product, marketing, and customer experience feedback to internal departments.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to the agreed-upon schedule of availability is an essential function of this position.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Availability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- A general knowledge or interest in agricultural/horticultural practices and techniques.
- 1–2 years' experience in customer satisfaction/sales preferred.
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and order entry systems, with ability to work in more than one program simultaneously.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new processes and software systems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, multitask, and seek help when necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to deliver the intended message in a friendly and professional way.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- Expertise in finding the right solutions for each individual customer's needs.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 80% of the work day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.