The Contact Center Supervisor oversees the day-to-day functions related to the Contact Center work area. Responsibilities include hiring, training, and preparing Contact Center Representatives to handle inbound sales orders and to respond to inquiries with products and services. The ideal candidate has the ability and the desire to create a positive environment where the team enjoys working, by encouraging learning, collaboration, and individual growth.
This is a full-time, exempt position based in Fairfield, Maine.
- Recruit, interview, hire, develop, train, mentor, and critique Contact Center team members to develop as individuals and as a strong team operating at their highest, and best ability.
- Ensure agents understand and comply with all Contact Center objectives, performance standards, and policies/procedures.
- Monitor and evaluate agent performance, provide learning or coaching opportunities, and take corrective action if necessary.
- Provide daily supervision for the Contact Center agents.
- Monitor the development of agent schedules to ensure Contact Center objectives are covered.
- Identify operational issues and suggest possible improvements.
- Prepare reports and analyze data to assist management as they determine Contact Center goals.
- Provide oversight for order processing, ensuring all incoming orders are handled in a timely manner, for mail, fax, phone, retail store, and web orders.
- Provide oversight for incoming customer communication, emails, and Live-Chat correspondence.
- Provide input to budget development and manage to the set budget.
- Approve and process employee timecards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by remaining current in Contact Center operations and product information.
- Accomplish goals by accepting ownership, exploring opportunities to add value to job achievements.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
- BA/BS degree preferred, or equivalent combination of 4 plus years of relevant experience in a leadership or supervisory capacity.
- 4 years' experience in a Contact Center.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven experience as a Contact Center supervisor or similar position.
- Proficiency with technology, especially computers, software applications, CRM, WFM, and phone systems.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of company products, policies, and services.
- Ability to coach, train, and mentor and motivate employees and evaluate their performance.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving skills and time management skills.
- Process improvement skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Team work, people management skills.
- Expertise in the “customer first” approach.
- Efficiency and thoroughness.
- Ability to adapt successfully to changing situations, environments, and systems.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.