The Customer Care Specialist is focused on providing professional, quality, and "best in class" service for existing and prospective new customers. The role requires an individual who is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills for handling customer service through multiple communication channels: email, phone, and live chat. The ideal candidate is an individual with an aptitude for finding the right solutions to customers' needs and the desire to go the extra mile on behalf of the customer.
This is a full-time position based in Fairfield, Maine.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through interactive communication.
- Provide accurate and complete information by learning and using the right methods/tools, policies, and procedures.
- Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the root cause; and finding and explaining the best solution to solve the problem.
- Assist in handling customer service functions: tracking shipped packages; handling mis-shipments; processing product cancellations; handling issue resolutions; and RMA processing.
- Assist in the training and coaching processes by providing support to junior colleagues.
- During high call volume traffic, provide back-up for handling inbound calls.
- Take initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Build relationships and work closely with co-workers and management at all levels of the organization to leverage the knowledge and the experiences of the JSS staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and communicate product, marketing, and customer experience feedback to internal departments.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Availability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- A general knowledge or interest in agricultural/horticultural practices and techniques.
- 2 years' prior customer service experience preferred.
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and order entry systems, with ability to work in more than one program simultaneously.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn new processes and software systems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, multitask, and seek help when necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to deliver the intended message in a friendly and professional way.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to build consensus to achieve departmental and company goals and function as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- Expertise in finding the right solutions for each individual customer's needs.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 80% of the work day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.