The Data Services Lead is responsible for maintaining workflow in the department, monitoring its productivity and performance, and ensuring that all work volume is processed within the service level times. The ideal candidate is a strong team player with the ability to create a positive environment where the team enjoys working, by encouraging learning and collaboration. This is a full-time position, working closely with all members of the Contact Center and Customer Care departments.
- Oversee the day-to-day department responsibilities; processing web order downloads, which includes clearing web orders, reviewing orders that kick out of the routine batch process, processing ticket batches, updating customer data, and processing catalog requests.
- Ensure that the department policies and procedures are being followed and that the standard operation procedural documentation is up-to-date as required.
- Provide communication to the Data Services staff so that concerns and processes are managed in a timely, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
- Improve data entry quality results by identifying trends, determining system glitches or improvements, and redesigning work processes.
- Help to determine labor requirements by maintaining and tracking daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly order volume levels.
- Forecast order volume trends to ensure proper staffing levels at the right times of the day, week, and year.
- Work as a team member of special or ongoing projects that are important to area/process improvement.
- Provide employee performance feedback and coaching opportunities on a regular basis.
- Ensure employees have appropriate training and other resources to perform their duties.
- Provide input during the interviewing, hiring, and training processes for the seasonal staff.
- Liaise with other departments to help resolve an issue quickly and appropriately.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency with correctly entering data into appropriate database systems.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications.
- Tech-savvy, with the ability to quickly learn new software and hardware attributes.
- Expertise in customer service and “customer first” approach.
- Proven ability to learn difficult information quickly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A self-motivated team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Analytical and creative problem-solver, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, and seek help when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization (by phone, email, and in person).
- Organizational agility; knowing how to get things accomplished through formal and informal channels.
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 60% of the work day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.