The Merchandising Coordinator helps optimize the presentation and sales of our products through all marketing channels (catalog, direct mail, website, email, direct sales, print ads, and PR). This includes coordinating the annual merchandising and promotional calendar; execution of all promotions; management of print production and advertising projects, including the pagination, budgeting and printing of the annual catalog; and supporting the Commercial Sales team with tradeshow materials and regional advertising.
The position reports to the Director of Marketing and is based at our Fairfield, Maine facility.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Product Merchandising
- Work with the Ecommerce Manager to ensure products are merchandised on the website and in weekly emails according to analytics, testing data, and relevant product strategies.
- Utilize analytics to identify opportunities to drive incremental product sales through higher page views, conversions, cross-selling, and links to relevant product content.
- Participate in the refinement of the online shopping experience, specifically around merchandise categorization and presentation.
- Support the annual catalog pagination process with the collection of product merchandising feedback, catalog merchandising analytics, and page layout work with our designer.
- Actively seek press coverage and other publicity for new and targeted products, as well as general brand exposure, including quickly responding to all inbound editorial requests.
- Promotion & Project Management
- Help develop, deploy, and monitor the Marketing calendar for products and promotions.
- Develop and oversee project timelines to meet all due dates and budgets, with tight attention to execution details and clear communication.
- Partner with cross-functional teams (e.g., product managers, customer service, sales) to establish project scopes, goals, and direction.
- Manage artwork and copy process, working to ensure brand consistency, product differentiation, and calls to action.
- Oversee day-to-day supplier relationships, quoting, and invoicing.
- Catalog & Print Production
- Assist the Director of Marketing with the pagination and quoting of the catalog paper, printing, and mailing costs, including post-production invoice management and budget reporting.
- Manage the overall catalog production timeline to ensure that all internal files, supplied inserts, and paper stock meet printer deadlines.
- Coordinate the print quantities, distribution, and inventory counts of all bulk catalogs for package inserts, sales tradeshows, and catalog requests.
- Manage the creative, printing, and mailing or shipping of sales collateral and direct-mail pieces.
- Print Advertising & Sales Support
- Coordinate the regional print ads requested by Commercial Sales.
- Recommend print advertising and coordinate the design and delivery of ads to support product merchandising, brand awareness, and catalog requests.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently, and still meet deadlines
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing and evolving business requirements and objectives
- Results-driven, with strong attention to detail and knowledge around metrics and ROI analysis
- Knowledge of catalog or direct-mail printing and fulfillment is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of e-commerce websites and understanding of web analytics are a plus.
Education & Experience Required
- BA/BS or equivalent
- 2+ years of related work experience in web marketing or merchandising
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas and locations of the business, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit in front of a computer up to 85% of the day.
Benefits Johnny's offers a great benefit package: Health Insurance (HMO, PPO & HSA), Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K — and we are proud to be an employee-owned company!