Johnny's Selected Seeds currently has an opening for a Quality Assurance Technician II. This position reports to the Quality Department in our Winslow, Maine facility. Responsibilities involve performing daily tasks in QA for both seed products, tools, and supplies under the direction of the QA Manager and QA Lead. All tasks are undertaken to ensure that all products meet Johnny's Selected Seeds Quality Standards.
Please apply by May 31, 2017.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspect all items in the JSS Tools and Supplies product line on arrival; document and disposition any items failing to pass inspection.
- Create and maintain all inspection standards; review and update all inspection standards as needed.
- Create product failure documentation to send to vendors for failed inspections; document corrective action.
- Evaluate and process all customer-returned products.
- Participate in the addition of new items to the product line via the New Product Information System.
- Review and approve all replacement and special item orders in the JSS product lines.
- Perform product audits of both in-process and finished items; report failures and aid in corrective-action items.
- Review and react to customer-reported product failures.
- Participate in QA Team activities, which may include processing of seed testing and seed grow-outs.
- Work with the Tools and Supplies Product Technician and Product Manager in all aspects of supporting the JSS product line.
- Actively participate on the Tools and Supplies Product Status Team; report items for team action and work items to resolution.
- Other tasks as assigned by the QA Manager.
Required Education & Competencies
- High school diploma required; 4-year college degree preferred.
- High level of skill in Microsoft Excel required.
- Keen eye for detail required.
- Experience with creating inspection standards, and all associated document control protocols preferred.
- Familiarity with inventory control software concepts required.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds.
- Ability to sit at a computer workstation for up to 6 hours per day.
- Ability to perform warehouse work.
- Ability to perform occasional cooler work.
Johnny's offers a great benefit package: Health Insurance (HMO, PPO & HSA), Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, and 401K — and we are proud to be an employee-owned company!