The Sales Support Specialist is focused on supporting the territory sales team, playing a key role in the overall success of the team while aligning in direct partnership with one or more internal and/or external Sales Representatives. The ideal candidate is resourceful; both self-driven and a team player; and comfortable communicating by phone, fax, and email to maintain client information. The ideal candidate will additionally have a proven work history, with exceptional customer service skills. This role requires excellent organizational and customer-focused skills. This is a full-time position reporting to our Fairfield, Maine facility.
- Align, support, and educate customers about our companywide services and products to elevate customer satisfaction.
- Leverage knowledge of research team to acquire personal product knowledge; recommend and/or provide advice with authority on product lines and varieties.
- Maintain professionalism by skillfully educating customers about product and value, preventing cancellations, and offering alternative varieties to maintain orders.
- Manage leads by tracking and following up on calls or handing them off to Sales Representatives.
- Collaborate with territory sales team on opportunities to execute annual sales strategy, budget, and forecast that result in territory business growth.
- achieve quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Successfully sell from the available inventory listings, specials inventory, and liquidation inventory, suggestively selling tools, techniques, and succession planting to increase territory business growth.
- Identify and communicate product, marketing, and customer experience feedback to internal departments.
- Suggest and assist with developing additional administrative tools to support the territory team.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: BA/BS, with a concentration in business or in agriculture in a customer-focused environement.
Qualifications & Skills
- Six months' telesales/outbound calling experience preferred.
- Two years' experience in customer service/sales preferred.
- Ability to present in a clear, systematic manner.
- Proven ability to learn difficult information quickly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and inventory to maximize customer fulfillment.
- Positive, can-do attitude; loyalty; self-motivation.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, and seek help when necessary.
- Ability to work independently, build consensus, and function as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization through phone, email, and in person.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and multiple direction changes.
- Organizational agility; ability to accomplish tasks through formal and informal channels.
- Expertise in customer service and a "customer-first" approach.
- Computer proficiency and strong math skills.
- Sales- and goal-orientation.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- Previous experience with PC's, Microsoft Office products, and UniVerse system.
- Punctuality and readiness to work.
- Valid Maine driver's license.
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 60% of the work day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance