The Seasonal Contact Center Specialist answers incoming calls from customers to take orders, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems, and provide information to our customers in a friendly and timely manner.
This is a seasonal, part-time position. The individual works closely with the Contact Center team and reports to the Contact Center Manager at our Fairfield, Maine facility.
- Receive inbound phone orders.
- Receive incoming, and occasionally make outgoing calls regarding orders and various customer service issues (missing package inquiries, delivery transit times).
- Respond to technical growing and/or product information questions.
- Respond to product quality related questions.
- Assist customers in purchasing items via the Internet or catalogs.
- Respond to web inquiries and provide technical assistance.
- Assist with answering customers' emails.
- Research when required; gather information using available resources.
- Complete forms correctly.
- Follow all procedures.
- Process mail and fax orders.
- Live chat.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient in basic computer applications.
- Agriculture, farming, gardening, or contact center experience preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices; "the customer is first" approach.
- Proficient data-entry and typing skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with both customers and coworkers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to recent technologies.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated strong attention to detail, with excellent organizational skills.
- Team-focused and collaborative to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to read and write accurately to domplete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours as business dictates.
- Ability to sit in front at a computer up to 85% of the day.