The Seasonal Contact Center Specialist is focused on providing professional, quality, and "best in class" service by using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and mission of Johnny's Selected Seeds. The position responsibilities consist of being the first line of contact for existing and prospective new customers. The ideal candidate would be a customer-focused, self-motivated individual who has experience in handling inbound calls, live chats, and email communications.
This is a full-time seasonal position, December through April, based in Fairfield, Maine.
- As frontline contact for inbound call volume, communicate directly with customers, either by telephone, chat, and/or electronic methods.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent documentation and record-keeping with a high attention to detail.
- Recommend and provide advice on product and services with clarity and confidence.
- Take initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Understand and adhere to established department protocols and processes.
- Assist in processing mail and fax orders.
- Build relationships and work closely with co-workers and management, at all levels of the organization, to leverage the knowledge and experiences of JSS staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and communicate product, marketing, and customer experience feedback to internal departments.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to the agreed-upon schedule of availability are essential functions of this position.
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- General knowledge or interest in agricultural/horticultural practices and techniques.
- 1–2 years' experience in customer satisfaction/sales preferred.
- Proficiency with technology, including Microsoft Office and Outlook, order entry systems, and the ability to work with more than one program simultaneously.
- Analytical and creative problem solver.
- Ability to learn new processes and software systems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, multitask, and seek help when necessary.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to deliver the intended message in a friendly and professional way.
- Ability to build consensus, to achieve departmental and company goals, and function as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- Expertise in finding the right solutions for each individual need.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 80% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Employee discount.