The Seasonal Warehouse Operations Associate will be provided opportunities and challenges based on changing business needs, and will gain knowledge and skills by learning to serve various different functional areas throughout JSS. Functions may involve seed packing, shipping, and bulk seed. This experience leads to a larger view of how various different departments rely on one another to achieve company goals, and to a broader understanding of company operations.
The position reports to our warehouse in Winslow, Maine, but may be assigned to other departments based on business needs.
- Locate incoming material in various stockrooms.
- Locate material within the Johnny's Inventory systems.
- Restack material, shrink-wrap, and identify.
- Assist receiver as needed with sampling, labeling, or receiving.
- Assist cycle counters as needed with locating and weighing.
- Conduct searches, as necessary, to locate product lost within the system or locations.
- Respect core values of company and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the position.
Required Education, Skills & Experience
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Availability both for weekend hours and overtime.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Agricultural experience preferred — will train the right applicant.
- Ability to work and thrive in fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to work per established work instructions and within safety guidelines.
- Ability to work in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to work unsupervised, as well as being part of a team.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that allows you to get along with internal and external customers.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8+ hours per day.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work with numbers.
- Ability to bend, to pull, to push, and to lift up to 70 pounds with assistance.
Please apply before March 3, 2017