The Operations Associates will be provided opportunities and challenges on the basis of changing business needs, gaining knowledge and skills in the process of serving various roles in functional areas that may include inventory control, shipping, and seed packing. The learning process leads to a larger view of the interaction between departments to achieve corporate goals, and to a broad understanding of our operations.
This position reports to our Winslow, Maine facility. Johnny's seasonal employees are welcomed to apply for full-time job positions that are available.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Inventory Control functions may include:
- Performing daily cycle counts to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Resolving discrepancies in timely manner; reporting any unresolved discrepancies to inventory control supervisor.
- Using root-cause analysis to determine sources of inaccuracies.
- Entering daily counts and root causes into inventory database.
- Educating others in Warehouse and Selecting Operations about the importance of maintaining inventory accuracy.
- Working per established work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Conducting searches, as necessary, to locate products lost within system or locations.
Seed Packing functions may include:
- Packing seed using various hand and/or mechanical means available.
- Locating, retrieving, packing, and returning the bulk seed as required.
- Bulking packed seed as needed during various times during the packing season.
Shipping functions may include:
- Assisting in daily order shipments by gathering, checking, packing, shipping, stocking, and other duties as needed.
- Assisting in maintaining a balanced work area by setting a quick, accurate pace.
- Communicating problems or shortages to Supervisor or Shipping Lead.
- Maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
Education, Experience & Additional Requirements
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Availability both for weekend hours and overtime.
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to work unsupervised, as well as working well as part of a team.
- Must be able to work in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that allows you to get along with internal and external customers.
- Agricultural experience preferred — will train the right applicant.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand / walk up to 8+ hours per day.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work with numbers.
- Ability to bend, to pull, to push, and lift up to 70 pounds with assistance.