The primary responsibilities for this position are to identify and recruit top talent, work to develop and train our existing team members, and perform general assigned HR duties. This is a full-time position working closely with all members of the management staff.
- Build and execute strategies to recruit top talent.
- Conduct interviews, reference checks, and background checks.
- Partner with managers to determine requirements for positions, and qualities of the ideal candidates for the positions.
- Write job postings.
- Assist hiring managers with creating interview questions using behavioral interviewing techniques.
- Partner with Marketing to develop company recruitment branding to attract new hires.
- Administer background investigations (in-state and out-of-state).
- Partner with HR Manager to determine appropriate compensation packages.
- Develop relationship/network with universities and industry peers to identify talent to join Johnny's.
- Negotiate with staffing agencies if necessary for temporary services.
- Serve as backup to other Generalist when needed for benefits, HRIS needs, and all other HR-related activities.
- Identify areas of needed technical, compliance, and supervisor training.
- Create a staff development program including training curriculum, schedule plans, and budgets.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business, or other related field.
- SHRM, SCP, or SPHR preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3–5 years' experience in recruiting all levels of employees, from entry-level positions to senior leadership.
- HR Generalist experience necessary.
- Must have knowledge of full life-cycle recruiting.
- Must have knowledge of employment regulations with the DOL and the EEOC.
- Knowledge of various functions (manufacturing, quality, sales, marketing, information systems, etc.) within an organization and the challenges of filling positions within those departments.
- Strong written and oral presentation/communication skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade across all levels of the organization, exercising a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, poise, tact, and diplomacy to accomplish objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly present recommendations and ideas and to summarize complex issues.
- Valid Maine driver's license.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.