Your local Cooperative Extension office provides research-based advice on agriculture and horticulture that is specific to your region. The US Cooperative Extension System offices are staffed by experts who can help answer your questions about pest and disease management, growing conditions, sustainable agriculture, farm management, and more. Local educational programs and publications are also offered.
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) of the USDA, administers funding for Cooperative Extension offices, in cooperation with state and county governments and land-grant universities.
The Cooperative Extension System additionally offers programs in a variety of other areas including Family, Youth & Communities; Food, Nutrition & Health; Economics & Community Development; Education; Animal Agriculture; and more.
Each US state and territory has a state office at its land-grant university and a network of local or regional offices. These offices are staffed by one or more experts who can help with research-based information.
- Cut-Flower Garden Planner • For Home Gardeners Brochure (PDF)
- Sample Cut-Flower Garden Map • For Home Gardeners (PDF)
- Attracting & Sustaining Beneficial Insects • 5 Steps to Establishing an Insectary Planting
- Plants for Insectaries • Some Options & Recommendations
- Buckwheat • Quick & Easy Summer Insectary/Weed-Control Cover Crop
- Farmscaping & Biocontrol • An Overview
- Effective, Sustainable Pest & Disease Control • Tips for Adopting an IPM Approach
- Rotate Crops & Controls • Prevent Resistance Buildup in Pests & Pathogens
- Cut-Flower Harvesting & Post-Harvest Care • Best Practices & Wisdom from the Slow Flower Community
- Building a Better Market Bouquet • Tips & Techniques from Successful Flower Farmers
- Introducing Over 300 New Dynamic Comparison Charts & Key Growing Information Pages Watch Our 1-Minute Tutorial Clips
- Jang JP Series • Roller Selection Guide Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Wheel Hoe Selection Guide Tech Sheet (PDF)
- Common Tomato Pests, Diseases & Physiological Disorders • An Overview of Biotic & Abiotic Problems
Tech Sheet (PDF)