Your local Cooperative Extension office provides research-based advice on agriculture and horticulture that is specific to your region. The U.S. Cooperative Extension System offices are staffed by experts who can help answer your questions about pest and disease management, growing conditions, sustainable agriculture, farm management, and more. Local educational programs and publications are also offered.
The National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) of the USDA, administers funding for Cooperative Extension offices, in cooperation with state and county governments and land-grant universities.
The Cooperative Extension System additionally offers programs in a variety of other areas including Family, Youth & Communities; Food, Nutrition & Health; Economics & Community Development; Education; Animal Agriculture, and more.
Each U.S. state and territory has a state office at its land-grant university and a network of local or regional offices. These offices are staffed by one or more experts who can help with research-based information.
eXtension.org is an interactive learning site offering research-based information from America's land-grant universities, including articles, videos, webinars, and additional resources.
Cover Crop Decision-Making5 Steps for Deciding What to Plant When & Where
Guide to Winter GrowingWinter High Tunnel Scheduling Guidelines
- Winter-Harvest Crops Planting Chart CHART
- Winter Production in the High Tunnel
Overwintering Scheduling Guidelines
- Overwintering Crops Planting Chart CHART
- Protection Methods for Overwintering in Low Tunnels
- Managing QuickHoops Low Tunnels Excerpted from Eliot Coleman's Winter Harvest Handbook
- Focus on Crops & Varieties for Winter Growing
- Overwintering Onions from Seed Results & Recommendations from Our Trials
Beat the HeatPart 1: Cultural Practices to Offset the Heat Article
- Part 2: Getting Your Cool-Loving Crops Through the Summer Heat Article
- Chilling & Storing Your Summer-Harvested Vegetables CHART
Succession PlantingSunflower Succession-Planting Programs CHARTS
- Succession Planting Basics Interval & Timing Charts Vegetables, Herbs & Flowers
- Johnny's Planting & Harvesting Programs CHARTS
- About Our Seed
- FAQs About Organic Growing & Certification