Mulches and Row Covers
An Economical and Easy Solution for Protecting Your Plants
Mulches come in multiples sizes and materials, and are used for different applications. Mulch uses:
- Suppress weeds while retaining moisture.
- Warm or cool the soil, improve yield, and repel insects.
- Combine with row covers to optimize growing conditions.
Row covers are rain-permeable, lightweight blankets made of spunbonded polypropylene that are economical and easy to use. Row covers uses:
- Capture warmth, protect plants from damaging winds, offer insulation from light frost.
- Control insects with most effective -- and least toxic -- method.
- Has a lifespan of 1-2 seasons (unless otherwise stated) depending on crop or length of use.