The main responsibilities for this position are sales tax related, to include current regulatory changes, ensuring accuracy in our sales tax software set-up and to review and approve sales tax returns and remittances. A third party will be preparing the sales tax returns. In addition, this individual provides support during the monthly close process and ad hoc financial analysis to support better financial performance.
This is a full-time position, working closely with all members of the Finance department.
- Participate in the execution of the following duties: multistate sales/use tax returns review and approval, monthly data analytics, monthly general ledger tax account reconciliations, state and local tax projects, daily tax research, and multistate audit requests.
- Prepare, review, and reconcile data downloads to general ledger.
- Monthly general ledger account reconciliations of sales and use tax accounts.
- Respond to inquiries and requests from various state agencies.
- Provide supporting documentation for transactional tax audits.
- Assist in the record retention for exemption certificates.
- Conduct preliminary tax research and taxation forms using online tax tools.
- Participate in multiple business projects to identify and implement process improvements and
process streamlining with respect to sales/use tax.
- Maintain third-party tax software to be compliant with emerging legislation.
- Assist with general accounting functions.
- Perform various financial analyses.
- Other duties as business dictates.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience.
Qualifications & Skills
- One to two years of experience in public or private accounting preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, as well as strong analytical, reporting, and data querying skills.
- Experience with Avalara software and Microsoft Great Plains preferred.
- Detail-oriented approach to work; confidentiality; and good problem-solving skills.
- Change agent: support and implement changes as necessary.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.