The Accounting Manager oversees all activities of the accounting department, to include preparation and maintenance of all daily, monthly, and annual financial records for the company.
- Accountable for all personnel and performance matters relating to the accounts payable and accounts receivable clerks; provide support to these positions as needed during seasonal peaks.
- Cross-train department employees and coordinate cross-training between the employees to provide backup support.
- Maintain financial records of the business and issue monthly internal financial statements to the controller (within deadlines set forth); provide this information to all departments as requested.
- Assure that bank deposits and transactions (i.e., federal tax payments) are completed in a timely manner, both electronically and manually.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements, including line of credit sweep account.
- Compose all general ledger entries.
- Alert the controller to any potential problem areas concerning the accounting department and its personnel.
- Maintain, in coordination with the information services department, the accounting software (i.e., upgrades, updates, technical support issues, etc.).
- Oversee the payment of vendor invoices to assure that all invoices are paid in a timely manner and are booked appropriately (taking into consideration corporate budget, prepaid amounts, cost of goods, etc.).
- Monitor accounts receivable invoicing, statement processing, and collection of accounts.
- Support department operations within mutually agreed upon budgetary guidelines.
- Stay informed of regulatory changes in the accounting field.
- Work closely with auditing firm, information services department, and outside software support in a continuous effort to streamline processes.
- Support project work involving research and resolution with respect to existing and future accounting procedural issues.
- Responsible for providing auditors with all materials and answers needed for annual audit.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration is required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in managing an accounting department is preferred.
- Computer, personal computer, and mainframe experience required.
- Typing, data entry, and excellent phone skills are a requirement of this position.
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities and grow with the position as the company grows is expected.
- Ability to manage and work well with others is crucial; must be highly capable of promoting cooperation in and among company departments and functions.
- Must be eager to assume responsibility and take initiative in a demanding company position.
- Willingness to commit fully to the position and see that its duties are completed efficiently and in a timely fashion.
- Attention to detail and proven problem-solving skills are required.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) Accounting Software experience is preferred.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 60% of the workday.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.