Accounts Payable Specialist
The Accounts Payable Specialist is focused on managing the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable process throughout Johnny's Selected Seeds. This position plays a key role in the overall success of the Finance team while working in true partnership, aligned with internal customers and external vendors. The ideal candidate is a self-driven and resourceful team player, is comfortable communicating by phone, fax and email, maintains confidentiality, and has a proven work history with exceptional organizational and customer service skills. This is a full-time position based at our Fairfield location, with a hybrid onsite and remote work option.
- Process invoices for payment in accordance with internal processing and approval policies.
- Reconcile amounts due to vendors and work collaboratively with them to align our records with theirs.
- Assure timely and accurate processing.
- Participate in overall cash management team initiative by providing accurate reports of existing cash obligations.
- Maintain focus on cost-effective processes to benefit the company.
- Prepare and maintain reports on aging and status updates.
- Provide vendor resolution on outstanding issues by phone, email, and fax.
- Communicate and interact with internal departments on invoice approvals and provide guidance for efficient processing.
- Maintain vendor master files for creation and updates to address, payment instructions, etc.
- Review inventory invoices and compare to inventory system for product cost accuracy.
- Ensure vendors are set up based on W-9 requirements for accurate 1099 end-of-year reporting.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to pull documentation during year-end or other audit engagements.
- Collaborate with Finance team to meet department deadlines by cross-training other positions within the department, if needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- AA/AS or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- A record of efficient performance in an accounting environment.
- Experience with Sage Intacct preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, proficiency with an automated accounting system, and understanding of double-entry bookkeeping account practices.
- Experience with Adobe and MS Office product suite, with focused knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and cooperatively, in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to assume responsibility and initiative.
- Attention to detail and proven problem-resolution skills.
- Willingness to accept new responsibilities and initiative to grow the position as the company expands.
- Must be able to move, manipulate, and operate computer equipment with multiple computer monitors.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and bend (up to 35 lbs. occasionally).
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.