Accounts Receivable and Credit Specialist
The Accounts Receivable and Credit Specialist is focused on managing the day-to-day operations of Accounts Receivable, credit, and collection processes. This position plays a key role in the overall success of the Finance team while working with internal and external customers. The ideal candidate is self-driven, comfortable communicating, will maintain client information, is a team player, resourceful, and has a proven work history with exceptional organizational and customer service skills. This position is full-time in our Fairfield location with the opportunity to be remote for 2 days and onsite 3 days a week.
- Perform credit checks on new customers and update credit on existing customers.
- Initiate collection activities on past due accounts and pending orders and follow up on all items.
- Work with an external collection agency.
- Provide customer resolution on outstanding issues including credit inquiries and W-9 requests.
- Communicate and interact with the internal commercial sales department on credit procedures.
- Handle insufficient funds checks and credit card chargebacks promptly.
- Review post-sales invoices and payments received on accounts receivable accounts for accuracy.
- Process month-end accounts receivable statements.
- Maintain customer refunds to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to meet department deadlines by cross-training other positions within the department.
- Associate degree in Business or Accounting.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience.
Qualifications & Skills
- 2 years of proven experience in credit and collections management.
- Proficiency with automated accounting systems.
- Experience with MS Office Product Suite with focused knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Assume responsibility and initiative in a key demanding company position.
- Attention to detail and proven problem-resolution skills.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills.
- Willingness to adapt to new responsibilities and have the initiative to grow in the position.
- Must be able to move, manipulate, and operate computer equipment
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods
- Ability to lift and bend (up to 50 lbs. occasionally)
- Customary Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
JOHNNY’S SELECTED SEEDS was established in 1973 by our Founder, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny’s mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.
Johnny’s is renowned for our exceptional customer service offering seeds, tools, supplies and information to direct-market growers and avid home gardeners. We source, breed, trial, and sell outstanding selected varieties of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, and farm seed, as well as thoughtfully designed tools and equipment. We take pride in the wealth of information and depth of experience we offer our customer base, nationwide and globally.
We are a strong, stable company focused on growth while still maintaining our small company feel and staying true to our roots. Beautiful Central Maine, where our research farm, warehouse, and offices are located, is the perfect launching point for an active, four-season lifestyle. Geographically situated halfway between Maine’s mountains and its 4500-mile-long coastline, we’re a short drive away from resorts, parks, and harbors renowned for a rich diversity of recreational and cultural opportunities.
If you are passionate about good, healthy food and would choose to work for a company with fellow co-owners who are passionate about our mission and values, Johnny’s may be the place for you!
Johnny’s Selected Seeds is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.