Application Administrator/Software Tester
This position has two chief areas of responsibility:
- The Application Administrator role is focused on managing the day-to-day operations of business-critical applications in use throughout Johnny's Selected Seeds. This role involves working closely with both the infrastructure and software development teams to ensure the applications are achieving the required service levels.
- The Software Tester role is focused on manual testing of newly developed and refactored software solutions to ensure that they meet design goals and do not introduce any breaking changes. This role involves working closely with the software developers to augment their testing strategies.
Time is split roughly evenly between the two roles overall, although some days one role may require more time than the other.
This position reports to the Manager of Software Development.
- Manage business-critical applications to ensure stable operations.
- Monitor integrations between systems to ensure uptime and performance goals are met.
- Provide rapid incident response; may be required to provide after-hours support as needed.
- Perform application patching and upgrades.
- Ensure compliance with all information security program policies.
- Manage non-production instances in support of development and software quality assurance.
- Maintain operational documentation, document/update processes and procedures for supporting applications.
- Provide technical support in accurately researching or troubleshooting software, resolving problems with minimum interruption of service.
- Conduct manual tests of new software features, in coordination with software developers.
- Build a standard list of regression tests for existing applications, and ensure that each test is completed prior to deployment.
- Document results of testing.
- Where applicable, coordinate with software developers to develop automated test suites.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience, with 4+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- 2+ years of experience managing business-critical applications; e.g., ERP, Financial Accounting, Order Management, Warehouse Management.
- Ability to collaborate with Desktop Support to address issues or develop installation procedures.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and legacy application platforms.
- Experience managing MS SQL Server or Oracle RDBMS (preferred).
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools (preferred).
- Experience managing cloud-hosted applications and services (preferred).
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- ITIL and/or DevOps experience (preferred).
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology (preferred).
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to move, manipulate, and operate computer equipment.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.