Bilingual (Spanish/English) Contact Center Specialist
The Contact Center Specialist provides professional, best-in-class service to existing and prospective customers using a consultative approach that reflects the culture and mission of Johnny's Selected Seeds. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated team player with an aptitude for finding the right solutions to customers' needs and wants.
This is a full-time position with potential for remote work. We are looking to expand our bilingual staff to support our global customer base. The individual in this position must speak, read, and interpret the Spanish language as well as English. Depending on experience and ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking customers, you will be eligible to receive an hourly stipend in addition to your normal hourly rate.
- Handle inbound calls.
- Communicate directly with customers by telephone, chat, and/or other electronic methods.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent documentation and records with high attention to detail, ensuring data accuracy in order-entry and other technological systems.
- Recommend and provide advice regarding products and services with clarity and confidence.
- Take initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade product knowledge through participation in training opportunities.
- Understand and adhere to established departmental protocols and processes.
- Build relationships and work closely and in a positive manner with co-workers at all levels of the organization, leveraging the knowledge and experience of Johnny's Selected Seeds' staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and escalate priority issues.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability, as essential functions of this position.
- Assist in entering mail, fax, and web orders.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- An interest or prior experience in agriculture, farming, or home gardening.
- Must be bilingual: able to read, speak, and interpret both Spanish and English fluently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software applications, with ability to work in more than one program simultaneously, including Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to learn difficult information quickly.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- Forward thinking.
- Team player with strong work ethic and outgoing, positive attitude.
- Propensity for taking the extra step needed to find the right solutions to each individual customer's needs.
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, to deliver the intended message in a friendly and professional manner.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices; "the customer is first" approach.
- Proficient keyboarding/typing skills.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 75% of the work day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 25 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.