This is a full-time position with responsibility for disinfecting and general cleaning. We are looking for an individual who is detail-oriented and willing to go above and beyond to assist us in limiting exposure to viruses. This position is mainly responsible for the Fairfield facility. The 40-hour work week runs Monday through Friday, 1st shift. Weekends may be required, based on demand.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all departmental policies and procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Empty trash bins in all bathrooms, break rooms, conference rooms, administrative wing, sales area, and contact center. Place all trash and recyclables in appropriate dumpsters (e.g., all cardboard is brought to the break room for removal by cleaning staff).
- Sweep and wash floors.
- Vacuum all mats.
- Disinfect all surfaces (e.g., touch surfaces — doorknobs, door frames, light switches, etc.).
- Bathrooms: Wash interior/exterior of urinals and sinks; clean mirrors; spot-clean walls; restock paper and soap supplies; clean and mop floors.
- Break rooms: Clean surfaces, tables, and microwave; wash sinks; spot-clean walls and trash bins; wipe down and disinfect exterior of refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, and vending machines; clean and mop floors; restock paper and soap supplies; keep common areas stocked with supplies (paper towels, coffee, etc.).
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience cleaning in a business environment is a plus!
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Ability to pass a background screen.
- Strong problem-solving capabilities.
- A forward thinker.
- A team player, with a strong work ethic and an outgoing, positive attitude.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.