Data Services Specialist
As a Data Services Specialist, you will be focused on reviewing and processing customer orders and responsible for keying in customer account data with a high level of productivity and accuracy on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have the ability to consistently meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. This position requires excellent Microsoft Office skills and the ability to multitask while working in multiple databases. This position may support more than one department within the company.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent documentation and customer records.
- Clear/process web orders for order batch cycles.
- Handle orders that kick out of the fulfillment process due to customer error, pricing discrepancies, etc.
- Input data for mail and fax orders.
- Maintain an efficient rate of productivity with a high rate of accuracy.
- Meet schedule deadlines and remain flexible to support peak volumes.
- Take the initiative to obtain and consistently upgrade knowledge through participation in training opportunities.
- Understand and adhere to established department protocols and processes.
- Build relationships and work closely, in a positive manner, with co-workers at all levels of the organization, to leverage knowledge and experience of Johnny's Selected Seeds staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and communicate system failures and areas of opportunity to enhance the customer experience.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability, as essential functions of position.
- Participate in all companywide and quarterly meetings.
- As needed, support onboarding and departmental training of seasonal staff.
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to learn and be utilized in all areas of operation.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software applications
- Ability to work with more than one program simultaneously, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to learn difficult information quickly
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Forward thinking
- A team player, with a strong work ethic and an outgoing positive attitude
- A propensity for taking that extra step in finding the right solutions for each individual customer's needs
- Ability to communicate well, both verbally and in writing, with an ability to deliver the intended message in a friendly and professional manner
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices; "the customer's first" approach
- Proficiency in keyboarding/typing skills
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all dcoumentation
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 75% of the work day
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.