Executive Vice President
Johnny's Selected Seeds is seeking to hire an Executive Vice President with a proven track record of improving operating performance and customer service at omnichannel, complex businesses. The successful candidate will be a dynamic leader with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, managerial talent, project management experience, and communication abilities. They will share a passion for Johnny's mission of helping farmers and gardeners grow healthy food with our seeds, tools, and support.
The Executive Vice President reports directly to the CEO and oversees Operations, Finance, Human Resources, Purchasing, and Facilities. This position is critical to supporting the company's growth and upholding its strong customer service and financial performance. Working with direct reports and other members of the senior management team, the Executive VP defines and implements the strategy, structure, and processes of end-to-end operations at Johnny's. The Executive VP works closely with the CEO to set financial goals, monitor company performance, and communicate results to Johnny's external Board of Directors. In addition to overseeing daily operations, the Executive VP is involved in longer-range company strategy and related business development.
- Work closely with the Director of Operations to become a best-in-class order fulfillment service operation and enable the company to continue scaling for growth, including replacement of legacy systems and processes.
- Oversee company financial performance and work closely with the leadership team to ensure attainment of financial goals. Assist the Director of Finance in analyzing variances and managing initiatives to improve profitability.
- Manage company performance analysis with regular KPI reporting and provide the leadership team with business intelligence tools to efficiently optimize performance.
- Ensure the company's supply chain for seeds, tools, and growing supplies supports service and inventory goals. Work closely with Purchasing and Finance on cash management.
- Work with the Operations Director and the Purchasing Manager to ensure the correct balance between shipping execution to the customer and internal cost controls, including reporting metrics.
- Partner with Sales and Marketing Directors to create improved order processing flows, business rules, and customer communication standards that benefit the customer experience for each customer segment.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of company policies, compensation, and performance review practices with the HR Director, in coordination with the leadership team.
- Assist the CEO and leadership team with the development of strategic plans, long-range financial plans, and facilities plans to achieve the strategy.
- Manage the company's legal affairs in conjunction with outside counsel, the CEO, and the leadership team. Ensure company compliance with all applicable laws.
- Proven track record of improving operating performance and customer service at omnichannel, complex businesses.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking.
- Excellent communication skills and abilities.
- Project management and managerial talent.
- A passion for the mission of helping farmers and gardeners grow healthy food with Johnny's seeds, tools, and support.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.