The Operations Associate–Farm position reports to the Farm Crew Supervisor and is focused on supporting the Research and Production Team in growing and maintenance of variety trials, breeding workshops, and seed production crops at the Albion research facility and surrounding contracted fields. This position is in our Albion location.
- Planting and transplanting in the greenhouses and in the field.
- Irrigation setup, removal, and operation.
- Weed, insect, and disease control.
- Safe equipment operation and maintenance.
- Building and grounds maintenance.
- Crop maintenance, which includes trellising, thinning, pruning, plastic and row cover installation and removal.
- Harvesting of trial plantings, breeding projects, and seed production crops.
- Attend all necessary trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- An agricultural background is preferred, but will train the right applicant.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to capture detailed recordkeeping.
- Positive, can-do attitude; loyalty; self-motivation.
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, and seek help when necessary.
- Ability to work independently, build consensus, and function as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to changing work situations.
- Punctuality and readiness to work.
- Ability to work weekend hours.
- Eagerness to work overtime as needed, often on very short notice.
- Valid Maine driver’s license.
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to work in less than ideal weather conditions.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Application form located at bottom of job posting page.
Accepting applications only for jobs posted.