Operations Associate • Seed Packing
The Operations Associate in our Seed Packing department plays a critical role in maintaining accuracy and prompt reporting of inventory control. The ideal candidate for this role is one who takes the initiative to ensure that the work is performed efficiently, and that all seed-pack jobs are done accurately and in a timely fashion. This position is for second-shift hours; ours is a seasonal business, and hours will vary during our busy season as well as in the off-season. Day hours will be required as business dictates.
- Pack seed into commercial and consumer sizes using various hand or mechanical means available.
- Handle large-scale items: 1-lb and 5-lb bags (e.g., preparing bags, weighing, filling).
- Assist in maintaining a balanced work area by setting a quick, accurate pace.
- Communicate problems or shortages to supervisor or seed packing leads.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilites as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Ability to work comfortably in a repetitive process environment.
- Ability to follow processes and detailed instructions.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions; familiarity with conversions of ounces/pounds into grams.
- Must be available for both weekend hours and overtime:
Ability to work Monday through Friday (occasional Saturday).
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work both unsupervised as well as being part of a team.
- Must be able to work in a safe and effective manner.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that allows you to get along with internal and external customers.
- Ability to maintain a team-focused and collaborative approach to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds onto a cart (assistance is available).
- Ability to sit and stand as needed.
- Ability to stand, walk, or sit for up to 8+ hours per day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance