Come join the Johnny's team, and you'll be part of something very special. For decades, our welcoming and knowledgeable staff have built a reputation for going the extra mile for our customers. On the phones, over online chat, via email, or processing internet orders, we're looking for employees who like to connect with people. If you want to interact with fellow gardeners who have a strong commitment to quality products and service — and most importantly a passion for gardening — come join us for the winter and spring months.
We have several job opportunities in our Contact Center and Data Services department. Whether processing Internet orders or helping customers with placing a phone order, you will be a member of hard-working team while sharing knowledge along the way. Our seasonal employees enjoy flexible schedules, competitive wages, and perks like a generous employee discount and a staying-on-for-the-season bonus.
- Receive inbound phone orders.
- Receive incoming calls and occasionally make outgoing calls regarding orders and various customer service issues (e.g., missing package inquiries, delivery transit times).
- Research required information using available resources.
- Respond to technical and/or product information questions.
- Assist customers in purchasing items via the internet.
- Assist with answering customers' emails.
- Receive on-line chats.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency in basic computer applications.
- Experience in agriculture, farming, gardening, or a contact center preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Good data-entry skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Team spirit.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 80% of the workday.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 20 pounds.
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Application form located at bottom of job posting page.
Accepting applications only for jobs posted.