Seasonal Custodial Associate
Part-Time: Monday–Friday & Sunday, 11am–2pm
This is a part-time, seasonal position responsible for disinfecting and general cleaning. We are looking for someone who is detail-oriented and willing to go above and beyond to assist us in limiting exposure to viruses. Hours and locations are Monday through Friday, 11am–2pm at our Albion facility, and Sunday, 11am–2pm at our Winslow facility. Additional weekend hours as well as assistance at our Fairfield facility may also be required on the basis of demand.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all departmental policies/procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- Empty trash in all bathrooms, breakrooms, conference rooms, administrative wing, and in sales area and contact center. Place all trash and recyclables in appropriate dumpsters. All cardboard is brought to the breakroom for cleaning staff to remove.
- Sweep and wash floors.
- Vacuum all mats.
- Disinfect all surfaces (touch surfaces, i.e., doorknobs, door frames, light switches, etc.).
- Bathrooms: Wash inside/outside of toilets and sinks; clean mirrors; spot-clean walls; restock paper and soap supplies; clean and mop floors.
- Breakrooms: Clean tables, surfaces, and microwaves; wash sinks and spot-clean walls and trash cans; wipe down and disinfect exterior of refrigerators, stoves, coffee makers, vending machines; restock paper and soap supplies; clean and mop floors. Keep common areas stocked with supplies (paper towels, coffee, etc.).
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience cleaning in a business environment a plus!
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass background screen
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- A forward-thinker
- A team player with a strong work ethic and an outgoing positive attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.