The Seasonal Data Service Specialist is responsible for entering mail/fax orders, managing web orders, following up with customers on order/account corrections, and printing tickets for our shipping department. The ideal candidate must possess accurate and quick data-entry skills, be attentive to detail, and provide excellent service to our internal and external customers.
This is a full-time seasonal position from mid-November through April, working closely with all members of the Contact Center and Customer Care departments in Fairfield.
- Assist with the sorting and opening of the mail.
- Data-enter mailed and faxed paper orders.
- Review, edit, and clear web orders.
- Assist in compiling order ticket batches.
- Make outgoing communications (via phone and email) regarding various order service issues.
- Verify order and customer information accuracy; resolve general customer issues using multiple resources and records.
- Monitor web queues, ensuring orders are completed.
- Ensure that all work is completed accurately, in compliance with customer specifications and company procedures.
- Participate in departmental training as required for system upgrades and changes to order processes and procedures.
- Perform quality work within deadlines, with or without direct supervision,
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient in entering data correctly into appropriate database systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and tech-savvy, with the ability to quickly learn new software and hardware attributes.
- Expert in customer service and “customer first” approach.
- Proven ability to learn complex information quickly.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Positive, can-do attitude and a self-motivated team player.
- Analytical and creative problem-solver, with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize, self-manage, and seek help when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization (by phone, email, and in person).
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 60% of the workday.
- Employee discount.