Seasonal Data Services Specialist
As a Data Service Specialist, you will be focused on reviewing and processing customer orders, and responsible for keying in customer account data with a high level of productivity and accuracy on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have the ability to consistently meet deadlines and work well within a team environment. This position requires excellent Microsoft Office skills and the ability to multitask while working in multiple databases. This position may support more than one department within the company.
Full-time and part-time positions available at our Fairfield location.
- Complete, maintain, and process pertinent documentation and customer records.
- Clear/process web orders for the order batch cycles.
- Handle orders that kick out of the fulfillment process due to customer error, pricing discrepancy, etc.
- Data input of mail orders and fax orders.
- Maintain an efficient rate of productivity with a high rate of accuracy.
- Meet schedule deadlines and maintain flexibility to support peak volumes.
- Obtain and consistently upgrade knowledge by participating in training opportunities.
- Understand and adhere to established department protocols and processes.
- Build relationships and work closely with co-workers, at all levels of the organization, in a positive manner, to leverage the knowledge and the experience of the JSS staff to support the customer experience.
- Identify and communicate system failures and areas of opportunity to enhance the customer experience.
- Regular attendance, punctuality, and adherence to agreed-upon schedule of availability as an essential function of this position.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant computer software applications, with ability to work in more than one program simultaneously, including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to learn difficult information quickly
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Forward thinking
- Team player with strong work ethic and outgoing positive attitude
- Propensity for taking that extra step in finding the right solutions for each individual customer's needs
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices, "the customer's first" approach
- Proficient keyboarding/typing
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 75% of the workday
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 50 pounds
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.