Seasonal Maintenance Associate
Johnny's is currently seeking to hire a Seasonal Maintenance Associate. Hours are 7am–3:30pm, Monday–Friday. This position is responsible for a wide variety of maintenance and sanitation functions for three locations (Albion, Winslow, and Fairfield). The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills and a wide range of maintenance skills.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Perform routine installation of new equipment.
- Minor carpentry duties.
- Contact and schedule outside vendor services.
- Analyze and resolve problems in a timely fashion.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and compliance with all departmental policies/procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
- General custodial duties.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Valid Maine driver's license required.
- Must have a working knowledge of electricity, plumbing, wood working, mechanics, and construction.
- Must have maintenance experience
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and corresponding safety precautions
- Ability to rationalize and make on-the-spot decisions in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the business.
- Ability to lift and move objects weighing up to 75 lb.
- Ability to perform all physical requirements of the position.
- Employee Discount
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.