Seasonal Operations Associates • Perishables Distribution
Johnny's is currently seeking to hire Seasonal Operations Associates for our annual Bulb/Garlic processing project. The project will be carried out at our Winslow location. Every year we process thousands of orders of perishables. We are looking for an energetic crew to assist in this project. Project associates are responsible for handling small to large boxes of product that need to be sorted, packed, and shipped. The ideal candidates for these positions are self-motivated individuals with excellent organizational skills. Hours are 7:00am–3:30pm, Monday–Friday. Ours is a seasonal business, and hours will vary during our busy season as well as in the off-season. Day hours are required as business dictates.
- Shipping & Warehouse functions require:
- Packing and labeling packages of perishables according to size and quantity.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to operate digital scales.
- Working per established work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Conducting, as necessary, any search to locate products lost within the system or locations.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the position.
- Shipping functions require:
- Assisting with daily order shipments by gathering, checking, packing, shipping, and other duties as needed.
- Assisting with maintaining a balanced work area by setting a quick, accurate pace.
- Communicating problems or shortages to supervisor or shipping lead.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
High school diploma or GED preferred but not mandatory.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as with a team.
- Working in a safe and effective manner is required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere, acting and communicating in a positive and professional manner with internal customers.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Team-focused and collaborative approach to achieving departmental and company goals.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work a handheld scanner.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Product discount
- Attendance bonus.
- Referral bonus.
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.