Seasonal Operations Associates • Perishables Distribution
Johnny's is currently seeking to hire Seasonal Operations Associates for our Waterville warehouse. Every year we process thousands of orders of garlic, bulbs, and potatoes. We are looking for an energetic crew to assist us with this garlic and bulb processing project. Project associates are responsible for handling small to large boxes of product that need to be sorted, packed, and shipped. The ideal candidates for the positions are self-motivated individuals with excellent organizational skills. This is a seasonal position with a tentative start date in September. Hours are 8:30am–5:00pm, Monday–Friday. Ours is a seasonal business, and hours will vary during our busy season as well as in the off-season.
- Shipping & Warehouse functions may include:
- Packing raw material into consumer packaging.
- Processing commercial bulk seed orders (ranging between <1–50 lb.).
- Locating material at various pallet locations.
- Locating material within Johnny's inventory systems.
- Restacking of material, shrink-wrapping, and identification.
- Assisting the receiver as needed with sampling, labeling, or receiving.
- Assisting cycle counters as needed with locating and weighing.
- Working per established work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Cross-training in all aspects of warehouse duties.
- Conducting, as necessary, any search to locate products lost within the system or locations.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the position.
- Shipping functions may include:
- Assisting with daily order shipments by gathering, checking, packing, shipping, and other duties as needed.
- Assisting with maintaining a balanced work area by setting a quick, accurate pace.
- Communicating problems or shortages to supervisor or shipping lead.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
High school diploma or GED preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- Punctuality and dependability are required.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as with a team.
- Working in a safe and effective manner is required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere, acting and communicating in a positive and professional manner with internal customers.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Ability to maintain a team-focused and collaborative approach to achieving departmental and company goals.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work a handheld scanner.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Completion bonus.
- Referral bonuses.
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.