Seasonal Operations Associate • Seed Packing & Perishables
Johnny's is currently seeking Seasonal Operations Associates for Seed Packing and our Perishables Season (1st shift hours). The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has excellent organizational skills. This is a seasonal business and hours will vary during our busy season but the standard hours for 1st shift are, 6am -2:30pm.
Seed-packing functions may include:
- Pack seed into commercial and consumer sizes using various hand or mechanical means available
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Comfortable working in a repetitive processes environment
- Ability to follow processes and detailed instructions
- Familiar with conversions of oz/lb into grams.
- Putting kits together and assembling products.
- Able to work Monday thru Friday (occasional Saturday)
Perishable (Potatoes) May Include:
- Packing and labeling packages of perishables per size and quantities.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to operate digital scales.
- Working per established work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Conducting, as necessary, any search to locate products lost within the system or locations.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the position.
- High School diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as with a team.
- Working in a safe and effective manner is required.
- Able to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a positive and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Ability to respect the core values of the company and comply with the company's policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Team focused and collaborative to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work with numbers.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift to 50-70 lbs.
- Ability to climb stationary ladders.
JOHNNY’S SELECTED SEEDS was established in 1973 by our Founder, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny’s mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.
Johnny’s is renowned for our exceptional customer service offering seeds, tools, supplies and information to direct-market growers and avid home gardeners. We source, breed, trial, and sell outstanding selected varieties of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, and farm seed, as well as thoughtfully designed tools and equipment. We take pride in the wealth of information and depth of experience we offer our customer base, nationwide and globally.
We are a strong, stable company focused on growth while still maintaining our small company feel and staying true to our roots. Beautiful Central Maine, where our research farm, warehouse, and offices are located, is the perfect launching point for an active, four-season lifestyle. Geographically situated halfway between Maine’s mountains and its 4500-mile-long coastline, we’re a short drive away from resorts, parks, and harbors renowned for a rich diversity of recreational and cultural opportunities.
If you are passionate about good, healthy food and would choose to work for a company with fellow co-owners who are passionate about our mission and values, Johnny’s may be the place for you!
Johnny’s Selected Seeds is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.