Seasonal Operations Associate • Shipping / Warehouse
2nd SHIFT: 2:30pm–11pm • Sun–Th or M–F
Part-time also available, with a minimum of 3 days per week, including Sundays.
Johnny's is currently seeking to hire a Seasonal Operations Associate in our Warehouse and Shipping departments. This position is responsible for handling bulk seed products, kitting, large accessories, and receiving, in preparation for distribution. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual with excellent organizational skills. This position is for second-shift hours. Ours is a seasonal business, and hours will vary during our busy season as well as during the off-season. Second-shift hours are required as business dictates. (Part-time also available, with a minimum of 3 days per week, including Sundays.)
Warehouse functions may include:
- Process commercial bulk seed orders (50–70 pounds).
- Locate incoming material in various stockrooms.
- Locate material within Johnny's inventory systems.
- Restack material, shrink-wrapping, and identification.
- Assist receiver as needed with sampling, labeling, and receiving.
- Assist cycle-counters as needed with locating and weighing.
- Work per established work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Operate forklift (will certify).
- Cross-train in all aspects of warehouse duties.
- Conduct searches, as necessary, to locate product lost within system or locations.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the position.
Shipping functions may include:
- Assist in daily order shipments by gathering, checking, packing, shipping, stocking, and other duties as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a balanced work area by setting a quick, accurate pace.
- Communicate problems or shortages to Supervisor or Shipping Lead.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as with a team.
- Working in a safe and effective manner is required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a positive and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Ability to respect core company values and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- A team-focused, collaborative approach, to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Availability to work both weekend hours (Sunday) and overtime.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work with numbers.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 70 pounds repetitively.
- Ability to climb stationary ladders.
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
**Offer contingent upon passing a background screen.**