Seasonal Operations Associates • Shipping, Warehouse & Seed Packing
Day Shift: 6am–2:30pm • Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays
Johnny's Selected Seeds is currently seeking to hire Seasonal Operations Associates to work the day shift in our Warehouse, Seed Packing, and Shipping departments. These positions are responsible for key functions within this company. The ideal candidates for these roles are self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic. While these positions are for day-shift hours, this is a seasonal business and hours will vary during our busy season as well as the off-season. This shift will be offering a "premium wage."
- Pack seed into commercial and consumer sizes using various hand or mechanical means available.
- Assist in daily order shipments by gathering, checking, packing, shipping, stocking, and other duties as needed.
- Assist in maintaining a balance work area by setting a quick, accurate pace.
- Communicate problems or shortages to Supervisor or Shipping Lead.
- Process commercial bulk seed orders (50–70 lb).
- Locate incoming material in various stockrooms.
- Locate material within Johnny's inventory systems.
- Restack, shrink-wrap, and identify material.
- Assist receiver as needed with sampling, labeling, or receiving.
- Assist cycle-counters as needed with locating and weighing.
- Cross-train in all aspects of warehouse duties.
- Conduct searches, as necessary, to locate products lost within systems or locations.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks as required by the position.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to work comfortably in a repetitive-processes environment.
- Ability to follow processes and detailed instructions.
- Familiarity with conversions of oz/lb into grams.
- Ability to work per established work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Ability to operate forklift (will certify).
- Punctuality and dependability.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks.
- Ability to work both unsupervised as well as within a team.
- Ability to work in a safe and effective manner required.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a positive and professional matter with internal and external customers.
- Ability to respect core company values and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Team-focused and collaborative approach to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Availability to work both weekend hours (including Sundays) and overtime.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work with numbers.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift up to 70 lb repetitively.
- Ability to climb stationary ladders.
- Retention bonus.
- Product discount.
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
**Offer contingent upon passing a background screen.**