Seasonal Operations Associates • Shipping, Warehouse & Seed Packing • December/January – May 2024
Johnny's is currently seeking Seasonal Operations Associates for our Shipping, Seed Packing and Warehouse for 1st and 2nd shift. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has excellent organizational skills. This is a seasonal business and hours will vary during our busy season but the standard hours for 1st shift are 6:50 am–2:20 pm, 6:30 am– 3:00 pm, 08:00am–4:30 pm and 2nd shift starts at 2:30pm–11:00pm. Weekend shifts are also available.
ResponsibilitiesShipping Functions May Include:
- Locating material within Johnny's inventory systems.
- Restacking of material, shrink-wrapping, and identification.
- Assisting cycle counters as needed with locating and weighing.
- Working per established work instructions and safety guidelines.
- Cross Train in all aspects of operations
- Conducting, as necessary, any search to locate products lost within the system or locations.
- Assist in maintaining a balanced work area by setting a quick/accurate pace.
- Communicate problems or shortages to your supervisor or Shipping Lead.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned.
Warehouse Function May Include:
- Process Bulk Seed Orders -Commercial (50-70lbs)
- Locate incoming material in various stockrooms
- Locating material within the Johnny’s Inventory systems
- Restacking of material, shrink-wrapping and identifying
- Assist receiver as needed with sampling, labeling, or receiving
- Assist cycle counters as needed with locating and weighing
- Capable of working per established work instructions and safety guidelines
- Conduct, as necessary, any search to locate products lost within the system or locations
- Respect core values of the Company and comply with the Companies policies and procedures
- Must be able to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned
Seed Packing May Include:
- Pack seed into commercial and consumer sizes using various hand or mechanical means available.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Comfortable working in a repetitive processes environment
- Ability to follow processes and detailed instructions
- Familiar with conversions of oz/lb into grams
- Scale work -5lb units
- Kitting -Tools and Equipment Packaging
- Other tasks and responsibilities as needed or assigned
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be punctual and dependable.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions.
- Accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to operate pallet jacks.
- Ability to work unsupervised as well as with a team.
- Working in a safe and effective manner is required.
- Able to maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a positive and professional manner with internal and external customers.
- Ability to respect the core values of the company and comply with the company's policies and procedures.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced production environment.
- Be available for both weekend hours (Sunday) and overtime.
- Team focused and collaborative to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Ability to read, communicate, and work with numbers.
- Ability to bend, pull, push, and lift to 70 lbs. repetitively.
- Ability to climb stationary ladders.
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- This year, seasonal positions may be eligible for a monthly bonus in accordance with our seasonal bonus policy:
- If you have perfect attendance for the month, you will earn an additional $250 for that month. Perfect attendance is noted as being on time each day and no early outs. Inclement weather absences are not included.
- If you stay until your agreed upon date or beyond the agreed upon date in your signed contract, you will receive up to an additional $500.
- During your employment at Johnny’s, you would be eligible to receive an employee discount on Johnny’s merchandise. This discount is subject to the terms and conditions in the Seasonal Employee Handbook.
JOHNNY’S SELECTED SEEDS was established in 1973 by our Founder, Rob Johnston, Jr. Today we are 100% Employee Owned. Johnny’s mission is Helping families, friends, and communities to feed one another by providing superior seeds, tools, information, and service.
Johnny’s is renowned for our exceptional customer service offering seeds, tools, supplies and information to direct-market growers and avid home gardeners. We source, breed, trial, and sell outstanding selected varieties of vegetables, cut flowers, herbs, and farm seed, as well as thoughtfully designed tools and equipment. We take pride in the wealth of information and depth of experience we offer our customer base, nationwide and globally.
We are a strong, stable company focused on growth while still maintaining our small company feel and staying true to our roots. Beautiful Central Maine, where our research farm, warehouse, and offices are located, is the perfect launching point for an active, four-season lifestyle. Geographically situated halfway between Maine’s mountains and its 4500-mile-long coastline, we’re a short drive away from resorts, parks, and harbors renowned for a rich diversity of recreational and cultural opportunities.If you are passionate about good, healthy food and would choose to work for a company with fellow co-owners who are passionate about our mission and values, Johnny’s may be the place for you!
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.