The Retail Sales Representative is responsible for greeting customers, taking orders, and delivering exceptional customer service by responding to inquiries about our products and services. This position contributes to the overall customer experience by ensuring customer transactions are handled in an accurate and timely fashion. The ideal candidate is a self-driven individual who is comfortable communicating, functions well as a team player, and has a proven work history. This is a full-time, seasonal position in the Retail Store at our Winslow location. The hours for the Retail Store are 8:30am–5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction, utilizing familiarity with Johnny's product lines, gardening knowledge, professionalism, and courtesy in every customer contact opportunity, including walk-in traffic and phone calls.
- Provide customers with technical information and recommendations for products.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities to further enhance customers' relationships with Johnny's.
- Continually maintain working knowledge of all company products, services, and promotions by participating in training programs, educational opportunities, and new procedures.
- Exercise attention to detail, reviewing, adding, or deleting order information to ensure timely processing of orders.
- Work in tandem with other departments, as needed, to respond to customer inquiries and to ensure order fulfillment.
- Design and maintain the Retail Store Demonstration Gardens as part of a team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned, including special projects.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Horticultural experience and ability to provide consultation on general practices of both field- and greenhouse-based growing, IPM, weed management, and use of common tools.
- A solid understanding of organic growing practices is preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs.
- High level of interpersonal skills and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as a team player and to be flexible.
- Self-motivation, confidence, and dependability, with solid follow-up skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to maintain professionalism in all situations.
- Ability to interact with other departments to gain access to information necessary to fulfill customer expectations.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent professional presence and telephone skills.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 60 pounds.
- Ability to read, communicate, and accurately complete all assigned tasks.
- Ability to work with numbers.
- Must be comfortable working around pollinating insects such as bees and flies.