The Senior Operations Manager drives activities in Johnny's fulfillment center by leading a team of supervisors in minimizing costs and improving performance in operational efficiency, safety, quality, and customer experience while ensuring compliance to regulatory standards. This individual maintains positive employee relations while driving significant change. The position manages multiple departments that may include receiving, seed packing, inventory, warehouse, shipping, and Johnny's retail store.
- Direct and manage department operations through the receipt, storage, seed packing, and fulfillment of all web, phone, and retail orders to facilitate same-day shipping.
- Maintain staffing to ensure production SLAs and KPI targets are met or exceeded.
- Create and promote a safe, productive, positive work environment for employees.
- Coordinate the daily workflow between departments under one's direct report.
- Control flow of merchandise through the distribution center, maximizing space utilization.
- Recording, monitoring, and daily reporting of KPIs for each department.
- Create and promote a cross-trained staff to help with business and customer demands.
- Evaluate department unit capacity, skills, and resource alignment to meet objectives.
- Handle employee relations and engagement by communicating, coaching, counseling, and training while partnering with Director of Operations and/or Human Resources.
- Identify, coach, train, and promote supervisors and team leads for career advancement.
- Monitor budget and staffing levels for each department.
- Assist in budget development of the departments under one's direct report.
- Partner with Operations Systems & Process Engineer on continuous improvement projects.
- Lead realignment and work redesign efforts as necessary to provide operational excellence.
- Develop team to solve day-to-day operational issues to achieve both short- and long-term goals.
- Administer policies and SOPs.
- Maintain and improve housekeeping.
- Provide retail customer support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in operations management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects of varying priorities simultaneously
- Working knowledge of budgets, financial statements, labor planning
- Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs, and SOPs
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Teams).
- Strong leadership, problem-solving, organizational, and planning skills
- Prior WMS experience and fluency with time-keeping systems.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Regular and predictable attendance at the worksite and on the production floor
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for up to 3 hours at a time
- This role may require off-shift and weekend work.
- This role may operate forklift and manufacturing equipment occasionally.
- Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds occasionally throughout the workday
- Ability to bend, crouch, and kneel occasionally
- Ability to grasp and use fine-motor skills
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.