Software Developer II
The Software Developer II’s role is to design, code, test and analyze business-critical applications and integrations in use throughout Johnny's Selected Seeds. This position works closely with the infrastructure and software development teams.
This position reports to the Manager of Software Development.
- Assist other developers and analysts in conceptualizing and developing new software applications and integrations.
- Assist other developers and analysts in conceptualizing and developing refactored solutions in existing applications.
- Conduct research on emerging application development products, languages, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Participate in work planning sessions — currently using Agile Scrum methodology.
- Consistently write, code, and/or refactor software applications and integrations according to specifications.
- Develop with a test-driven development model.
- Ensure compliance with all information security program policies.
- Provide technical support in accurately researching or troubleshooting software, resolving problems with minimum interruption of service.
- Work with network administrators, developers, and application administrators to resolve bugs in existing software.
- Provide guidance to Application Administrator(s) and Software Developer I.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience, with 6+ years of relevant experience preferred.
Qualifications & Skills
- 4+ years of experience developing and maintaining business critical applications; examples may include ERP, Financial Accounting, Order Management, Warehouse Management.
- Ability and willingness to learn new and legacy application platforms.
- Experience developing with MS SQL Server (preferred).
- Experience developing with Mulesoft Anypoint Platform (preferred).
- Experience integrating with cloud-hosted applications and services (preferred).
- Experience developing cloud-hosted applications and services (preferred).
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- ITIL and/or DevOps experience (preferred).
- Experience with Agile Scrum methodology (preferred).
- Must be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be able to move, manipulate, and operate computer equipment.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Application form located at bottom of job posting page.
Accepting applications only for jobs posted.