Team Lead • Seed Packing
Day Shift: 7:30am–3:30pm
The Team Lead Seed Packing position oversees functions in the Seed Packing department at Johnny's Selected Seeds. This involves overseeing functions that relate but are not limited to workflow and pace-setting, and assisting the supervisor with daily work functions. This individual ensures that work is performed efficiently and takes the lead in resolving any issues. Overtime may be required during high-demand periods.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead/support our Seed Packing department in the evenings.
- Work with other team leads and department staff.
- Monitor workflow in the department to ensure efficient and accurate turnaround in our products.
- Work with all departments, with good communication skills.
- Track daily requests for job orders to be completed.
- Actively work to create a positive work environment.
- Ensure the staff follow all company workplace policies.
- Work cooperatively, utilizing a team supervisor approach to achieve performance goals.
- Assist with new-hire training of employees in the department.
- Provide regular feedback and suggestions on process improvements.
- Manage time and attendance for assigned staff.
- Review performance of each assigned staff member on a regular basis, report issues and successes to employees, and report back to the Seed Packing Supervisor. Report to management or HR as deemed appropriate.
- Download, process, enter, and monitor job orders for accuracy and completion times.
- Work to share our company mission and values.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Working knowledge of warehouse operations, with strong problem-solving and investigation skills.
- Ability to perform mathematical functions.
- Detail-oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and exceptional organizational skills.
- Logical thinker, with the ability to understand that workflow process is key.
- Leadership, self-motivation, and the ability to motivate others, with good delegation skills and commitment to workforce development.
- Deadline-focused, with the ability to adapt to continual priority changes.
- Computer literacy a must, including Word, Excel, and database proficiency.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8+ hours a day.
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 70 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to freely access all areas and locations of the business.
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for 30% or more of the work day.
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company-Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company-Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.