The Territory Sales Representative is a member of our territory commercial sales team. This position plays a significant role as a leader focused on customer satisfaction and attaining the long- and short-term sales and customer count goals for their directly assigned territory. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated sales professional with self-starter capabilities and proven success in the seed industry.
- Develop territory-specific sales plan.
- Present, sell, obtain, and write orders.
- Contact new commercial growers, with the objectives of understanding their business and maintaining regular communication with the grower regarding Johnny's Selected Seeds (JSS) products.
- Prospect and build relationships and trust with new and existing customers.
- Manage territory trade shows, attend conferences, and conduct grower visits.
- Perform sales analysis and reporting for assigned territory.
- Partner with Sales Support Specialist to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Partner with supply planning to review and manage key customer/big buy forecasts.
- Build strong relationships across the JSS organization and with growers.
- Bachelor's degree in horticulture, sustainable agriculture, or related science field; or related experience.
- Skilled negotiator, problem solver, and closer
- Results-oriented self-starter, with a track record of meeting or exceeding stretch goals
- Exceptional B2B "outside" sales, marketing, and customer-focused experience
- Ability to develop and manage a territory spending budget to achieve maximum results and ROI
- Clear and succinct written and oral communication skills
- Seeks, listens to, and comprehends others' opinions and positions
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Composed in fast-paced pressure situations/relationships
- Good public presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications for analytical work, communications, and presentations
- Excel: up to and including pivot tables
- PowerPoint: inserting images, charts/graphs, animation
- Word: formatting
- Proficiency in proprietary systems and programs that relate to the sales function
(Qualifications and/or skills that are desirable but not required)
- Experience in advising, training, or counseling commercial vegetable growers in a customer-focused environment
- 3–5 years' experience in the seed/agriculture industry
- Vegetable, herb, or flower growing/farming experience
- English (preferred)
- French (preferred)
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates
- A base compensation plus commission opportunity
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Application form located at bottom of job posting page.
Accepting applications only for jobs posted.