The International/Wholesale Territory Sales Representative is responsible for generating and increasing sales of seed for varieties that Johnny's breeds and produces, to existing and prospective wholesalers. Paths to success in this role will be through filling gaps in customers' product portfolios, identifying agricultural market trends, understanding agricultural export restrictions, and building successful business relationships with wholesalers.
- Sell varieties of Johnny's-bred and -produced seed to other seed companies, domestically and abroad.
- Develop a multiyear business development plan for increasing Johnny's wholesale business.
- Foster and maintain strong business relationships with product managers and buyers from commercial seed dealers, regional nurseries, and home garden seed packet businesses.
- Work with Johnny's production planning and purchasing departments to accurately forecast customer variety needs.
- Work with Johnny's product development team to help set target objectives for our breeding program.
- Work with USDA representatives to facilitate the export of seed shipment orders internationally, and develop a strong understanding of the import requirements for cultivar groups into other countries.
- Negotiate sales and production contracts with individual customers, as needed, to ensure seed availability to those customers.
- Identify opportunistic traditional and nontraditional channels for liquidation of Johnny's overstock seed lots.
- Represent Johnny's at tradeshows and vendor meetings in a selling capacity, as well as to identify potential new varieties for introduction to Johnny's product line.
- Report to Johnny's management on sales opportunities, customer trends, and ongoing and potential business.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- Skilled negotiator and problem solver, with proven sales success
- Results-oriented self-starter, with a track record of meeting or exceeding goals
- Exceptional B2B outside sales, marketing, and customer development skills
- Clear and succinct written and oral communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
- Strong business development presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications for analytical work, communication, and presentation
- Excel: up to and including pivot tables
- PowerPoint: inserting images, charts/graphs, animation
- Word: formatting
- 3–5 years' experience in the seed/agriculture industry
- Vegetable, herb, or flower growing/farming experience
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to work varied hours/days and travel internationally as business dictates
- Ability to sit at a computer for at least 80% of the work day
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Application form located at bottom of job posting page.
Accepting applications only for jobs posted.