Transportation & Logistics Manager
We are seeking a Transportation and Logistics Manager to join our team and help efficiently deliver products to our customers. The individual in this valued position will contribute through having a strong background in domestic parcel and LTL carriers, plus some international shipping background. Ideally this individual will have worked closely with UPS/FedEx/USPS and understands how to successfully navigate their systems within an eCommerce environment. The individual in this role helps with projects, partners with co-workers, and develops and implements metrics to assist in strategy development and execution to control and forecast budgeted expense costs.
- Lead and support cost savings projects with cross-functional teams.
- Analyze and optimize quotes and manage and audit contractual agreement with providers for performance improvement opportunities, cost efficiencies, and savings.
- Manage business relationships and operational flow of goods with carriers from vendors to our distribution center and to our customers.
- Create and manage key performance indicators to measure and direct future improvements.
- Assist in applying accurate Schedule B/HTS codes to new and existing products for domestic and international shipping.
- Proactively research and report on trends with market conditions and make recommendations.
- Research and track variances between shipping revenue and expenses.
- Resolve problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports, exports, and customer issues.
- Support maintenance improvements with internal and external systems and processes.
- Monitor and review freight with dropship orders and other 3PL shipments.
- Assist in creating VSR and packaging specifications.
- Perform other duties with business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, operations, or other applicable concentration.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in operations or logistics
- Strong understanding of primarily Parcel, LTL, and INTL shipping
- Experience with eCommerce and seasonal peak volume
- Experience with putting new business out to bid and negotiating contracts with carriers
- Capable of working across multiple groups and creating an understanding of changes impacting business expense
- Team player with ability to foster cooperation and communication across departments
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Access, Power BI, or other data analysis programs
- Ability to manipulate large data sets to solve problems and analyze data
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills
- Experience in warehousing and distribution is desirable, along with understanding of legal regulations
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical and Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan and Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption and Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.