Vice President of Finance & Business Analytics
The VP of Finance is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of the Finance Department. Specific responsibilities include finance team personnel management, budgets/long-range financial planning, and financial systems oversight. As a member of Johnny's Senior Management Team, the VP of Finance supports all company departments and operations.
- Direct all aspects of Johnny's accounting operations, overseeing all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, and financial reporting.
- As a reporting department, provide support and oversight to the Purchasing and Planning functions.
- Develop and maintain company business performance reports and dashboards.
- Serve as a major contributor to the senior management team's overall leadership of the business/company.
- Analyze company financial results with respect to profits, trends, costs, and compliance with budgets. Issue regular status and ad hoc reports to senior management and Johnny's board/F&A.
- Deliver strategic leadership for defining path to growth and profitability of the company and the establishment of an effective growth process and infrastructure. Develop collaborative working relationships within the organization and with vendors/cooperators in pursuit of the of the company's overall business/financial goals.
- Prepare an annual budget; help to determine spending priorities to maximize business growth and operations, new customer capture and existing customer retention; help to manage monthly expenses, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions as needed.
- ESOP financial planning and compliance oversight; serve as ESOP-TPA relationship leader.
- Develop and coordinate all relationships with lending/financial institutions and corporate insurance providers.
- Develop and maintain all necessary accounting policies and systems, including general ledger and financial reporting. Ensure that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Coordinate, prepare, and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Manage all tax planning and compliance with all required federal, state, local, payroll, property, and other applicable taxes.
- Directly supervise a staff of employees and through strong recruiting, training, and coaching improve the productivity and effectiveness of the team.
- Provide reports to Johnny's Board of Directors and Employee Owners, including KPIs, business reviews, daily sales, profitability, performance, budget, expenses, compensation, finance forecasting, wages with planning win/loss, headcount, and ad hoc reports on requests.
- Coordinate and oversee all financial annual audits, valuation work, and ESOP trustee requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance or related field.
- MBA or CPA preferred, with 7 years of relevant experience.
Qualifications & Skills
- In-depth understanding of financial metrics.
- Demonstrated experience with financial systems.
- Experience with Sage Intacct, SAP Concur, Versapay, Avalara, and Microsoft Power BI preferred.
- Ability to maintain proper GAAP practices and procedures.
- Background in corporate finance in a high-growth environment.
- Experience with ESOP is preferred.
- Analytical and creative problem solver.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build consensus/function as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Health Insurance (HNO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.