Working at Johnny's
Johnny's Selected Seeds is a rapidly growing, mail-order and web-based, employee-owned seed company located in rural Central Maine. We have a certified organic farm in Albion, Maine, with offices in nearby Winslow and Fairfield. We're just across the Kennebec River from the town of Waterville, home of Colby and Thomas Colleges and the Maine International Film Festival. If you're an outdoors enthusiast (fishing, hiking, skiing, boating, biking, and more), you'll love this area; Johnny's is situated about halfway between the coast and the western mountains, and we're 90 minutes from Moosehead Lake and Maine's unspoiled north woods.
Johnny's offers a great benefit package: Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HRA & HSA); Dental Insurance; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-term Disability; Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement; Tuition Reimbursement; and 401K — and we are also proud to say that we are 100% employee owned!
Johnny's culture is very agriculturally driven, as would be expected of a seed company. Many of our employees are avid gardeners and/or commercial farmers.
Current Job Openings
- Contact Center Specialist. This position will answer incoming calls from customers to take orders, answer inquiries and questions, handle complaints, troubleshoot problems, and provide information to our customers in a friendly and timely manner.
- Email Marketing Assistant. The successful candidate will be responsible for acquiring new customers and retaining existing customers by integrating all facets of an effective email marketing program that drives increased sales. This is a full-time, year-round position located in our Fairfield facility.
- IPM Specialist. The individual in this position is responsible for all pest control in our trials, workshops, and seed productions. This position is full-time, seasonal, mid April through December.
- Product Manager – Vegetables. The Product Manager will champion the overall management of half of the vegetable product line, ensuring customer satisfaction and success for our core direct-market commercial growers. This position works in cooperation with the other Vegetable Product Manager to facilitate the activities necessary for the success of the product line across the business (Product Development, Order Acquisition and Fulfillment), to achieve strategic and tactical objectives (sales, profit, cost of goods sold and inventory). A product manager's key role is balancing the strategic needs of the business against the tactical decisions to be made on a daily basis.
- Technical Information Specialist. Johnny's Technical Information Specialist is responsible for providing technical growing advice through direct customer contact. In addition, the Technical Information Specialist is a member of the Customer Care group responsible for supporting the team in handling escalated customer failures generated by all JSS customer communication touchpoints. This is all in support of efforts leading to superior products and information that meets the high-quality standards of Johnny's customers.