Working at Johnny's
Johnny's Selected Seeds is a rapidly growing, mail-order and web-based, employee-owned seed company located in rural Central Maine. We operate from a certified organic research farm in Albion, Maine, as well as from offices in nearby Winslow and Fairfield. We're just across the Kennebec River from the town of Waterville, home of Colby and Thomas Colleges and the Maine International Film Festival. If you're an outdoors enthusiast (fishing, hiking, skiing, boating, biking, and more), you'll love this area; Johnny's is situated about halfway between the coast and the western mountains, and we're 90 minutes from Moosehead Lake and Maine's unspoiled north woods.
Johnny's offers a great benefit package: Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, & HSA); Dental Insurance; Life Insurance; Short- and Long-term Disability; Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement; Tuition Reimbursement; and 401K — and we are also proud to say that we are 100% employee owned!
Johnny's culture is very agriculture-centric, as would be expected of a seed company. Many of our employees are avid gardeners and/or commercial farmers.
Current Job Openings
- Contact Center Supervisor. The Contact Center Supervisor provides daily supervision, motivation, feedback, and direction for Contact Center Specialists; supervises workforce management functions; and manages contact center queues, service levels, staffing levels, and schedules.
- Cost Accountant. Johnny's Cost Accountant conducts ongoing analysis of process constraints, target-costing projects, and margin analysis; tracks costs to underlying activities; and constructs and monitors data accumulation systems to provide an appropriate level of costing information to management.
- Farm Shop Clerk. The Farm Shop Clerk is responsible for the upkeep and stocking of the farm maintenance shop, scheduling and coordinating contracted equipment repairs, basic equipment maintenance (e.g., change oil and hydraulic fluid), and minor equipment repairs. In addition to these responsibilities, the Farm Shop Clerk must be willing and able to "jump in" and assist wherever needed.
- Human Resources Manager. The HR manager guides and manages the overall execution of Johnny’s Human Resources services, policies, and programs. Responsibilities include strategic and daily execution of all areas of HR, including policy development and documentation; regulatory compliance; organizational planning, staffing and development; performance management and compensation programs; benefits administration; employee safety and wellness; and positive employee relations.
- Research Assistant. This person provides general field, technical, and data collection support to the Product Development Lifecycle team; is responsible for field data collection, basis data analysis, organizing team activities, data entry, and general reporting; and reports to our Albion, Maine facility.
- Workforce Data Management Supervisor. This person supervises the workforce
management functions and data management group, and implements new processes for data collection and integrity, reporting, and data analysis. Additionally, the position is responsible for managing Contact Center queues, service levels, staffing levels, and schedules.