Each year Johnny's contributes to educational, agricultural, and horticultural programs and events, as well as local community efforts.
Help Us Help You Make a Difference
Each year Johnny's Selected Seeds provides financial support to national and local agricultural, educational, and horticultural programs, events, and efforts.
To best meet the needs of the many requests we receive throughout the year, our Charitable Giving Committee meets four (4) times per annum (early November, December, February, and April). To learn more about our donations process, please review the qualification criteria and submission details below.
1. Be an agricultural needs-based organization that actively participates in:
- Educating people, teaching growing or farming practices and techniques for long-term impact (e.g., schools, agricultural workshops, community programs).
- Providing locally-grown produce to communities by working with communities to grow produce to feed themselves.
- Supporting and promoting healthy eating habits.
- Protecting seed diversity and breeding work.
- Supporting organic and sustainable growing practices and techniques.
- Other appropriate agricultural or horticultural programs or efforts, at the discretion of the Charitable Giving Committee.
2. Be a business or organization located within the State of Maine.
All requests for support must follow our submissions process:
- Provide a completed application that details your event or cause.
Download an application (PDF) »
- Submit your request for consideration prior to one of our four annual review sessions. (We recommend you provide ample lead time.)
- Include documentation that describes your organization, project, or program and its purpose or goal (eg, project/program plan, brochure, educational material, etc).
Please ensure that your application is complete upon submission. An incomplete application or the failure to provide sufficiently supportive documentation may result in disqualification for consideration.
If you have questions, or a highly time-sensitive request that you would like us to consider, please contact us by email at: email@example.com
Organic Growers School
Kennebec Valley Community College
Wolfe's Neck Farm Teen Ag Program
Center for Sustainable Food Systems at The University of British Columbia
Massachusetts Horticultural Society
Good Shepherd Food Bank
Maine School Garden Network
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Life Ministries Food Pantry Garden
Teens 4 Good
Maine's Children's Home
Mid Maine Homeless Shelter
Hammond Street Senior Center
Unity Barn Raisers