The Operations Supervisor facilitates operations in Warehouse, Shipping, and/or Seed-packing functions at Johnny's Selected Seeds. This involves supervision of functions that include but are not limited to stocking, gathering, shipping, and receiving. The individual in this role is provided opportunities and challenges based on changing business needs. This position reports to our fulfillment center in Winslow, Maine.
- Support Johnny's Selected Seeds' commitment to customer service in the performance of all job duties. Portray leadership and enthusiastic commitment to behaviors and values consistent with Johnny's mission and values.
- Supervise day-to-day operations for the assigned area, partnering as necessary with other departments. Circulate the work area and prioritize, assign, and review work to maintain departmental efficiency and meet productivity, volume, and quality goals.
- Create and maintain a clean, safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensure both consistency and compliance with company and departmental policies, procedures, and performance standards. Implement operational plans to achieve designated objectives, established performance goals, and quality standards.
- Identify, report, and communicate trends and/or irregularities to department manager. Take a proactive approach to analyzing deficiencies and developing plans to correct. Recommend and implement solutions by involving staff in problem-solving to obtain the best results.
- Work cooperatively, utilizing a team supervisor approach to achieve performance goals.
- Conduct meetings with staff to review department changes and statistics, respond to questions, and communicate any concerns and issues to the group. Ensure that employee questions and problems encountered are resolved in a timely and accurate manner. Coordinate all follow-through with appropriate departments as necessary.
- Perform regular feedback sessions with Operations Associates to discuss performance, including both constructive and appreciative feedback. Develop goals and objectives with individuals and provide appropriate follow-up. Complete and administer meaningful performance appraisals in a timely manner. Counsel and participate in the training process to develop employees. Partner with manager and human resources to develop formal performance action plans and corrective actions, track progress with the plans, and provide feedback at appropriate intervals.
- Participate in the development of short- and long-range goals for the department, including budget, staffing, and systems requirements. Assist with special projects involving continuous improvement both inside and outside areas of direct responsibility.
- Complete administrative tasks and reporting functions on a timely basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must have working knowledge of warehouse operations and possess strong problem-solving and investigation skills.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical functions
- Detail-oriented, with a high degree of accuracy and exceptional organizational skills.
- Must be a self-motivated leader with the ability to motivate others, delegation skills, and commitment to workforce development.
- Computer literacy a must, including Word, Excel, and database proficiency.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8+ hours per day
- Ability to read, count, and write, to accurately complete all documentation
- Ability to bend, pull, and lift up to 70 pounds with assistance
- Ability to freely access all areas and locations of the business
- Ability to sit in front of a computer for 30% or more of the workday
- Health Insurance (HMO, PPO, HSA)
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan & Profit Sharing
- Employee Discount
- Maternity/Paternity/Adoption & Foster Care Leave
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Company Paid Short- & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Educational Assistance
Johnny's Selected Seeds provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.