- Baby Leaf
- Brussels Sprouts
- Celery & Celeriac
- Chinese Cabbage
- Husk Cherry
- Jerusalem Artichoke
- Scorzonera & Salsify
- Summer Squash
- Sweet Potatoes
- Swiss Chard
- Winter Squash
8 Great Vegetables for Beginner Gardeners • from Seed to Harvest
Guidance from Johnny's four-season friend to the north, Niki Jabbour
ABOUT NIKI JABBOUR
Niki is a passionate, year-round vegetable gardener who grows food in over 20 raised beds in Halifax, Nova Scotia. She uses simple cold frames, deep mulching, and mini hoop tunnels to stretch her season into winter.
Growing your own vegetables is a great way to connect with the natural world, relax the mind while engaging the body, and gain self-sufficiency in the form of fresh, flavorful produce.
If gardening is new to you or seems complicated, here's some encouragement from Johnny's with Niki Jabbour, award-winning author and year-round gardener in Nova Scotia, Canada.
Niki has a gift for simplifying the path to success in gardening: Combine Niki's into easy-to-follow steps with Johnny's Key Growing Information for these 8 vegetables, and you're off to a solid start.
Follow along and give it a try — you may be surprised by how rewarding growing your own vegetables can be.
8 GREAT VEGETABLES to GET YOU GROWING
- How to Grow BUSH BEANS • from Seed to Harvest
- How to Grow CARROTS • from Seed to Harvest
- How to Grow CHERRY TOMATOES • from Seed to Harvest
- How to Grow CUCUMBERS • from Seed to Harvest
- How to Grow LETTUCE • from Seed to Harvest
- How to Grow PEAS • from Seed to Harvest
- How to Grow PEPPERS • from Seed to Harvest
- How to Grow SUMMER SQUASH • from Seed to Harvest