Shade Mix Flower Seed
Brighten shaded areas with this colorful mix.
Best for woodland edges and softly shaded areas. Mix contains:
• Aquilegia caerulea - Columbine, Giant (P)
• Aquilegia vulgaris - Columbine (P)
• Campanula carpatica - Tussock Bellflower (P)
• Leucanthemum X superbum - Shasta Daisy (P)
• Clarkia unguiculata - Clarkia (A)
• Collinsia heterophylla - Chinese Houses (A)
• Coreopsis lanceolata - Lanceleaf Coreopsis (P)
• Cynoglossum amabile - Chinese Forget-Me-Not (A)
• Consolida ambigua - Larkspur, Rocket (A)
• Dianthus barbatus - Sweet William (TP)
• Echinacea purpurea - Purple Coneflower (P)
• Gypsophila elegans - Baby's Breath (A)
• Iberis umbellat - Candytuft (A)
• Linaria maroccana - Spurred Snapdragon (A)
• Myosotis sylvatica - Forget-Me-Not (B)
• Nemophila menziesii - Baby Blue-Eyes (A)
• Papaver rhoeas - Corn Poppy (A)
• Viola cornuta - Pansy, Horned Violet (P)
(Varieties are subject to change depending upon availability).
Ht. 6–36". Avg. 40,500 seeds/oz. Packet: 650 seeds.
Orders exceeding 1 lb. cannot ship to Canada. We apologize for the inconvenience.
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) - Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8". Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Part Shade.
PLANT HEIGHT: 6-36" Plant heights vary depending on species.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Part shade.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 650 seeds) sows a 75-100' row or 5-10 square feet; 1/4 lb. sows 1000 square feet.; 5-10 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
Johnny's is committed to your success, every step of the way.
We want you, our customer, to be 100% satisfied with all of our seeds, tools, and supplies.
If anything you purchase from us proves unsatisfactory, we will either replace the item or refund the purchase price.