Beneficial Insect Attractant Mix Flower Seed
Attract beneficial insects.
Perennial and annual varieties that attract a wide array of beneficial insects, including lacewings, lady bugs, hover flies, syrphid flies, and parasitic wasps, which help to destroy harmful insects such as aphids, thrips, and mites. Mix contains:
• Alyssum saxatile - Basket of Gold (A)
• Ammi majus - False Queen Anne's Lace (A)
• Anethum graveolens - Dill (A)
• Cheiranthus allionii - Siberian Wallflower (P)
• Chrysanthemum paludosum - Creeping Daisy (P)
• Coreopsis lanceolata - Lanceleaf Coreopsis (P)
• Coriandrum sativum - Cilantro (A)
• Cosmos bipinnatus - Dwarf Cosmos (A)
• Dalea purpurea - Purple Prairie Clover (P)
• Eschscholzia californica - California Poppy (A)
• Foeniculum vulgare - Leaf Fennel (A)
• Gilia capitata - Globe Gilia (A)
• Iberis umbellata - Candytuft (A)
• Liatris spicata - Blazing Star (P)
• Leucanthemum X superbum - Shasta Daisy (P)
• Lobularia maritima - Sweet Alyssum (A)
• Monarda fistulosa - Bergamot (P)
• Nemophila menziesii - Baby Blue-Eyes (A)
• Rudbeckia hirta - Black-Eyed Susan (P)
(Varieties are subject to change depending upon availability.) Ht. 4–48". Avg. 9,600 seeds/oz. Packet: 500 seeds.
NOTE: Orders exceeding 1 lb. cannot ship to Canada. We apologize for the inconvenience.
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) - Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8". Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: 4-48" Plant heights vary depending on species.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 500 seeds) sows a 75-100' row or 5-10 square feet; 7 oz. sows 1000 square feet.; 9-18 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
Johnny's is committed to your success, every step of the way.
We want you, our customer, to be 100% satisfied with all of our seeds, tools, and supplies.
If anything you purchase from us proves unsatisfactory, we will either replace the item or refund the purchase price.