Stand-up 6 Soil Blocker
Create soil blocks for seeding and transplanting.
Ingenious in design, soil blockers compress the growing medium to form blocks that hold their shape. These blocks can then be seeded or transplanted into. This offers many benefits to the grower:
• Eliminates the need for plastic trays
• Decreases likelihood of transplants becoming rootbound, as increased air flow between blocks "air prunes" roots
• Creates healthier, more vigorous transplants due to oxygenated roots
• Reduces transplant shock
Developed in conjunction with Eliot Coleman. See our Soil Blocker Instruction Manual for how-to information.
• Makes 6 tall blocks
• Blocks measure 2 7/8" x 2 3/8" x 2"
• Potting-up: Seedlings can be started in smaller blocks and transplanted into larger blocks as they grow. The Stand-up 6 creates square-shaped depressions for potting-up mini blocks made with the Hand-held 20 Soil Blocker (#9528)
• Compatible with Standard Dibbles (#9527.500) and Long Dibbles (#9663) for creating depressions for holding seeds
• Not compatible with our older Square Dibbles
• An improved version of the Stand-up 6 Soil Blocker (#9530)
• Includes (6) Snap-in Square Dibbles (#7859)
• Weight: 6.8 lb.
This item’s size, weight, or shape may require an additional shipping surcharge based on the shipping location selected. Specific charges will be displayed during checkout.
Johnny's is committed to your success, every step of the way.
We want you, our customer, to be 100% satisfied with all of our seeds, tools, and supplies.
If anything you purchase from us proves unsatisfactory, we will either replace the item or refund the purchase price.